Sunday 23 March 2014

Decisions, decisions...

So many ideas, so little time! Not a bad dilemma really, to be fair.

Working on my 1:50 area now, and there's so many bits to make decisions about! The water source feature, a bit of paving sneaking in, wall, ground surface, the bridge, not to mention planting. (Some of these decisions should have been made at 1:200 of course - the scenic route strikes again.) Feeling mildly obsessed - half my attention is constantly on bamboo or water features or marginal plants or 3 billion other things. Amazing anyone's still talking to me really. Currently drinking green tea in a bid to feel intelligent and creative...possibly not as effective as Sid's cava method, but worth a try!

Just like the change from 1:500 to 1:200 I've found I need to draw in (rough) axo or just sketch bits and bobs in order to understand the space better before going back to plan. I need to make a model ideally, but can't see that happening tonight. Want to get thinking about planting a bit more - might just manage to catch up with everyone else for this third module then at least, which would be brilliant.

Some VERY ROUGH sketches exploring the water source feature:


And the first plan layer:


Using colour at this point is really really helpful too. I haven't used it for plans before this project - in fact I've barely used any colour at all until recently, even for perspectives etc. How odd.
:

No comments:

Post a Comment