Thursday 6 March 2014

99 Failures

Browsing structures during a little drawing break...
This is the 99 Failures Pavilion from the Digital Fabrication Lab at the University of Tokyo, so-called after its "...adherence to the idea that repeated failures are the gateway to success".
I think the interwebs are talking to me...I've really held myself back by feeling like drawings even at sketch stage have to be 'right' in some way, or exact, or something, when it's really just the first step of a much longer journey. Bit of a belated revelation, I do realise!  Coloured Sharpies are my new best friends. Off to fail with them again now :-)

Lovely lovely shadows!
More here: http://inhabitat.com/ninety-nine-failures-pavilion-is-built-from-ninja-star-shaped-steel-pillows/99-failures-pavilion-dfl-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment