Saturday 5 April 2014

Backwards is the new forwards

I've had to go backwards in order to go forwards at this point. I've got a plan at 1:50, and have started a planting plan, but the steps I skipped to get to this point are making progress difficult. I can't annotate/sketch/mark up a hardworks plan etc. as a lot of details are...not very detailed! Basically, I don't know my site well enough (including microclimate, as pointed out by Julia last Monday!)

I've been working out what hard materials to use and so on, and have finally done a shadow study of the 1:200 site:


My 1:50 area is plunged into shadow late afternoon/early evening, but generally exposed to the sun at other times - must bear in mind the impact of the tall bamboo etc though, which I haven't yet made 3D in the sketchup model.

Good to think all this through, but not sure how it's going to leave me for the crit on Monday - eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment