Sunday 6 October 2013

Early works

 As requested, here are some examples of my 'best' pieces of visual work from last year:


This is my masterplan for Planting Design. I don't think it's a particularly brilliant design, but it was such a difficult birth I can't help but feel pleased to have actually got something halfway decent out! Duncan commented that I should look at professional masterplan submissions and work out how they achieve their rendering effects - which is fair. I had an idea of how I wanted it to look, but didn't really have the Photoshop skills to apply it to the image or the time to work out other methods before I handed it in. The colours were not supposed to be particularly realistic, as they were just showing what was in each area, but looking back at it they are a bit yucky together, which could have been avoided!

Layout-wise, the bottom section with the legend etc is not very well balanced - it all looks as though it's just floating around. I knew that when I did it, but was being pummelled by the hand of time and had to move on.



The sketches above are from the Client & Process module. The sheet itself isn't particularly well laid-out (floating around again) but despite their scratchiness I was pleased with the sketches, having not done many before, and I was happy with the textured plan too, although maybe some shadow would have helped. I also need to remember not to make objects in the distance bolder than objects in the foreground when sketching!

No comments:

Post a Comment